Saturday, January 1, 2011

With this new year beginning one thing I am going to strive to do is keep my dreams alive. God has placed some specific things in my heart that I want to see flourish into something spectacular. I'm not much for resolutions, but I know there are some personal things I am going to be working on as well.

Now it's time for me to be the dreaded 'V' word- VULNERABLE.

I am insecure
when it comes to my appearance, as most women are. We pull off our insecurity most times pretty well, but the truth comes out when we're staring in a mirror or alone behind closed doors. Something I remind myself everyday is that God says I am beautiful. I shouldn't place my outward looks on whether someone is going to like me because that gets me nowhere. Obviously there are healthy changes I can make to feel less insecure and more accepting of my appearance, but ultimately all that matters is that God says I am beautiful from the inside out.
I get lonely. I have friends, co-workers, my family, but often times I wonder what I'm missing, and when lonliness creeps in so do temptations. So, what do I do? Well, the answer is simple, a more intimate relationship with God. Life can become very busy, my Bible will collect dust, my journal will keep empty pages, and my musical taste will lose its flavor. I begin to notice I'm tired more quickly, grouchy, lacking sleep, and then realize I put myself in that position. We choose how we're going to spend our days. Options are given to us everyday and whether we realize it or not we're mapping out our future with every action we take, word we speak, and people we spend time with. God should be our number one priority. I've learned he'll fill the emptiness, I just have to allow him.

What do you need to work on?

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment