Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas 2010

With each day that passes, I love my family more. I may only be twenty-two years old but I've learned the value of relationship. Five years ago on Christmas day we were sitting in my sister's hospital room in St. Louis. She was driving here to Oklahoma on Christmas Eve when she collided with an eighteen-wheeler and was rushed to the nearest hospital. Both her legs were broken, she had many scrapes, bruises, glass embedded in her scalp, and to this days endures constant back pain. It was a very scary time. Since then our family has gone through many more obstacles; family deaths, my mental/emotional instability, financial stress, and the list goes on, but through it all we've stuck together.
This Christmas has been the best yet. We were able to surprise my mom with the chair she's been wanting, my dad has been enjoying food favorites from his childhood, my sister has been blessed financially, and my aunt and uncle sent money to Mercy Ministries in my name. We have not argued, grumbled, complained, or been annoyed. We've joked around, watched movies, offered help, and had meaningful conversation.
We never know what tomorrow may bring, muchless the next few hours, but regardless of circumstances that arise family is priceless.

Live. Laugh. Love.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment