Friday, July 23, 2010

Psalm 30

God brought the below chapter in Psalm to my heart when I was driving to the chiropractor this afternoon. I kept repeating it in my head so I'd remember to look it up, but in the process of hurrying home, getting gas before my car stalled, run in the house put on more deodorant, run out, and jump in my dad's truck so we could head to our movie date... I forgot.

Now that I'm home my memory of the scripture, from 4.5 hrs ago, has awakened again, and it reads:


Psalm 30 [NIV]

1 I will exalt you, O LORD,
for you lifted me out of the depths
and did not let my enemies gloat over me.

2 O LORD my God, I called to you for help
and you healed me.


3 O LORD, you brought me up from the grave [b] ;
you spared me from going down into the pit.


4 Sing to the LORD, you saints of his;
praise his holy name.


5 For his anger lasts only a moment,
but his favor lasts a lifetime;
weeping may remain for a night,
but rejoicing comes in the morning.

6 When I felt secure, I said,
"I will never be shaken."


7 O LORD, when you favored me,
you made my mountain stand firm;
but when you hid your face,
I was dismayed.


8 To you, O LORD, I called;
to the Lord I cried for mercy:


9 "What gain is there in my destruction,
in my going down into the pit?
Will the dust praise you?
Will it proclaim your faithfulness?


10 Hear, O LORD, and be merciful to me;
O LORD, be my help."


11 You turned my wailing into dancing;
you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
12 that my heart may sing to you and not be silent.
O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever.


God has been "showing up" and "showing off" in my life this week... through work, personal affairs, friends, and family. The above scriptures speak firmly into the situations facing me lately, and also ignites the passion in me of the prophecy spoken over my life last May while I was at Mercy.

God pulled me out of the pit and has completely redeemed my life. I live for Him, and him alone. I sacrifice my life for the call He's placed on it, and if that means being rejected, tormented, or killed... Those around me will know that my life was well lived because I lived it whole-heartedly for my Savior, Lover, Father, and Best Friend Jesus Christ.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment