Friday, February 4, 2011

Dear Insecurity,

I hang onto you like a child does their blanket. I recognize you in the mirror and in my mind. I wear you around like my favorite pair of shoes, and hear you in the expressions of those walking past. I become angry at you, sometimes cursing to calm the overwhelming lies that somehow crept under my skin and infected my veins. I sleep with you, bathe with you, eat with you, and though disgusted, keep you around.

However, I'm finding more and more each day that you're worthless to me! I've allowed you to invade my space too long and I'm done! I'm sick and tired of being your project and puppet! Your terrorism stops here! Oh insecurity, you think you have me. You think you know me, and you laugh in my face. BUT you don't know me at all, you never did. I choose to no longer be defined by your lust for torture because my God is greater than the affect you think you have on my life. My God defines me, judges me... loves me for who I am and will become. He says I'm beautiful, righteous, one of a kind, unique, and special. He says that I can do anything and I'm the best at what I do. He says I have gifts and talents no one else possesses. He says that I am his beloved daughter and no man can take me out of his hand.

Insecurity, I no longer trust you... especially since you never had my best interest at heart. We're through!

Sincerely,
Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment