Sunday, March 7, 2010

Resort [God]

It's hard to pick one thing to talk about because there are many things going through my head right now. I think I'll keep it simple. Last night was my dad's 50th Birthday Party, so in the midst of the chaos of running errands for my mother, I went and got the cake. I pushed the cake in the cart out to the car, picked it up to put it in the seat but I needed to rearrange some things, so I put the cake on the cart [not in the cart]. I turned to situate what needed to be and the cake fell face down on the ground. After staring at it, I picked it up, quickly flipped it over to my mouth dropping open and gasping at this unplanned failure. I panicked, took it back inside and the wonderful people in the bakery were able to repair it for free to the best of their ability. I made it home less than 10minutes before all the [40] people invited started showing up. It was quite overwhelming so I spent a decent amount of time outside. The party was a success though. My dad was happy and I'm glad he was in such good company with his friends!

I left the party after helping clean up, drove to a gas station, and glared at the beer. If my eyes were on fire every bottle/can behind those doors would've busted. I was stressed, frustrated, disappointed in myself, and I thought I'd find relief in alcohol. I will say, I walked past those doors 5 times and walked out with 2 bottles of water. 

Everyday is a battle. Temptation is all around and it's not going to end because we choose to get our lives on track. I'm not powerless, I'm not a failure, I'm not going to choose to resort to what used to comfort me. I will choose, however, to resort to God; the one and only constant in my life.     

No comments:

Post a Comment