Saturday, March 27, 2010

The woman on the corner

When I drive to work some mornings there is a woman a little over half way before I get to work standing on the corner of a major intersection. She's probably in her 60's and not in the best clothing but none of that matters; this woman is a great example of truth. You see, every time I pass this woman she has a huge smile on her face while she holds a sign that boldly exclaims, "HIS PAIN, YOUR GAIN!"

I was stopped at the light of that intersection a couple days ago and as I watched that woman and read those words countless times I began to weep. God got a hold of my heart that morning and I knew it was time to step back and see all I've been taking for granted.

God is a compassionate God. He does have mercy and loves me and you unconditionally. We're far from perfect and we're fathered by the perfect one. I've been through a lot and come out on the other side completely redeemed and I know I am worth every bit of every thing God has instore for me.

God is real and alive and He wants the best for us. He has given and will continue to give us all we need. He is the only constant in our lives and it's a daily choice for us to walk in complete restoration. God didn't create us to just walk this earth. He created us to be in relationship with him. To make a difference and step out of our comfort zones and reach the lost.

HIS PAIN, YOUR GAIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment