Sunday, February 7, 2010

In my WEAKNESS, you MAKE ME STRONG

"...In the moment of my weakness you give me grace to do your will..." [None but Jesus - Hilsong]

When I get stressed, there's too much going on around me, I can't stop thinking, something comes up within my family/friends... basically, everytime I don't have control. I constantly find myself wanting something to ease the discomfort, and sadly my first thought isn't to grab my Bible or pray. I usually think about going to a bar or buying a pack of cigarettes.

Oh, how easy it is to succumb to the desires of the flesh.

However, the harder I fight the flesh, the stronger I become to ignore the temptations that will do nothing but bring me to a place of guilt and disappointment.

"...there is no one [nothing] else for me, none but Jesus..."

I listen to this song on repeat and it never gets old. I sing it throughout the day no matter where I am, and it gives me hope. It reminds me of the greatness of God and all He has equipped me for. When I sing this song, it's in thanksgiving to my Daddy God. The one who was "...crucified to set me free, and now I live to bring Him praise."

No comments:

Post a Comment