Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Independent in Christ

I am struggling to be independent in Christ. If that makes any sense. Lately, and in previous years, I've been quite prone to depending on friends and aquaintances in my life to keep out of boredom, make me happy, and countless other things. Well, it's really been bothering me... a lot! So, I have set out to challenge myself in this area. Obviously, my friends and others are amazing, but I can't depend on them for the rest of my life. What's that saying, "People come and go, but God remains the same."

Either way, here's what I'm going to do my best to accomplish:

-Have my bible with me at all times [even at work], not for looks, to read.
-Pray about any decisions that I need to make regarding the people in my life, etc.
-Don't jump on every invitation offered me just because I don't want to be home, or I'm bored etc.
-Spend intimate time with God, getting to know Him more, and what He has planned for me.
-Relax and enjoy the time I spend at home, realizing I don't have to be "out" all the time.

5 goals to meet my challenge! Only 5! I was going to give myself an "end" date, but that's not possible in my opinion. This challenge is 365 days a year for anyone.

**You can challenge yourself too!**

No comments:

Post a Comment