Saturday, January 2, 2010

Where are you going?

I have decided to try a lot of new things this year, and not in the form of "New Years Resolutions." I have goals and adventures I personally plain on attaining. For instance: skydiving on or around my birthday, and a mission trip to Kosovo. Those are just 2 of atleast 10 things so far that have sparked ideas, motivations, and realistic expectations in these upcoming months.
This year is going to be the best year yet in my book. With this life I've been given and finally chose to accept within the last 8 months, I'm done sitting around spending countless hours on facebook, watching tv, or driving around wasting gas because I'm bored. In those times I could be helping someone take groceries to their car, babysitting for the young couple across the street that has 5 little boys, or volunteering my time at a homeless shelter or food bank.
There's much to do, but we are too busy being selfish, myself included, and caught in our boredom that we fail to see all the opportunities to touch a life across the street or in our workplace.
So, where are you going this year?
What are your personal goals, and adventures? Maybe not only involving yourself, but your family, and the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment