Thursday, January 21, 2010

Trust

I may not say the words you want to hear because they are the truth you deny. The facial expression I make after you tell me an inappropriate story or joke may make you insecure and question what you thought was "so funny." It's possible you will think I'm ignoring you, and also possible you will see me as rude or stuck-up. I won't fall for your continual pity party for money, just so you can give it away to someone old enough to buy your beer, or contribute to your illegal addiction.

You can ask me anything, tell me anything, scream in my face, call me names, stab me in the back, punch me in the stomach, ask me to agree with you in prayer, inquire about a scripture...

No matter what - good OR bad...

...I will still speak light into your life, I will still offer a shoulder for you to cry on, I will rejoice with you in success, I will lift you up when you're down...

...You just have to trust me.    

No comments:

Post a Comment