Tuesday, January 26, 2010

It's okay, when you see me, to take a second glance...

You see me now and have to look twice to verify my appearance... What? You don't think I look the same?... Oh, well, you're right, I don't look the same... Why? Because...

...I am a new creation in Christ!
My life has been completely transformed and I walk in freedom!
Yes, I have a past BUT it does not dictate my future!
I've been through many trials and temptations BUT wouldn't change them for a minute because they have only made me stronger and more determined to live the life God has planned for me!
I am full of life, love, compassion, and peace! I am a servant of the Most High, and my value and worth is not based on what others think of me, say about me, or do to me!
I am redeemed! I am the walking dead! I have grasped who I am in Christ and no one can take that away from me! I am called and equppied to bring glory and honor to His name!
I will not be labeled by any medical professional because I choose to live, not as a victim to the diagnosis put on me in the past, BUT as a victor labeled by my Heavenly Father as: set apart, beloved, chosen one, daughter of the King, blessed, and forever changed!
I am no longer bound to a death wish BUT am alive in Christ!


It's okay, when you see me, to take a second glance because I'm not who I was when you first met me. I am now who I was called to be a long. I just had to choose to accept freedom and live in it!



**I wrote this Nov. 3, 2009 soon after graduating Mercy Ministries**

No comments:

Post a Comment